Sunday, March 28, 2010

Never as Planned

Because I had a tension headache most of the day it really through my eating out of whack so this is what I ended up eating this afternoon after breakfast

Morning Snack: Special K Blueberry Fruit Crisps - reminds me of pop tarts but smaller and healthier (I hope)

Lunch: two slices of Eating Right Cranberry Raisin bread, toasted, with a bit of almond butter spread on top and a celery stick with more AB

Afternoon Snack: Some Kashi Crackers with hummus from Planet Organic

Dinner: steamed and sauteed Brussel Sprouts, a marinated chicken breast and some WW couscous.

This is the marinade I use for the chicken breasts:


1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon thyme or other herbs ( I use 1tsp of the Garlic Mrs. Dash)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 lbs skinless chicken pieces ( I use boneless skinless breasts)

Make the marinade by whisking the 1st five ingredients together. Marinate the the chicken in mixture for one to six hours. Place on preheated grill (at medium high) and cook 10 to 12 minutes per side for bone in or 6 minutes for boneless. Shred or cube any leftovers and use in salads, casseroles and pasta dishes

I got the recipe for the marinade in Running Magazine and its my "Go To" marinade now

My head is starting to ease up now so hopefully I'm doing eating for the night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails